Thursday, December 18, 2008

Good Designs Stand the Test of Time

What designs excite you, and why?

As a youngster growing up in the 1960s, I can clearly remember the classic lines of the first Ford Mustangs. The design of that car excited me. As the decades rolled on, I became disappointed in later versions of the classic muscle car, until now. American motor companies are going back to their tried and tested models and coming out with winning designs again. 

Another champion of good, clean, innovative design is Apple computer. Products, accessories, packaging, website, and advertising carry a distinct look—crisp, clean, uncluttered.

So what examples of design excite you? Just look around; you're bound to find something!

1 comment:

  1. Last night was ACSI's Christmas party. We were joking at our table about the advancement of cell phones. One person remembered when mobile phones were carried in a shoulder pouch; Julia made us remember the 'brick phone.' I don't need a phone to do EVERYTHING...I just don't want a dropped call! But I do love my current phone with a flip screen that lets me text with amazing accuracy and speed on a full keyboard. I appreciate that it's slim enough to fit into a pocket without making a huge bump. I dig that it accepts music files. I've noticed, though, that phones aren't trying to 'add' so much as manufacturers are attempting to keep the navigation clean and clear. Dig it!

    ReplyDelete